My name is Jonathan Dupré. I'm a security advisor with an expertise in application and cloud security. I help tech executives build software with security in mind.
I built my security expertise over more than 10 years through various roles, such as software developer, DevOps engineer, and security manager. I have strong experience in the Canadian fintech space.
As an independent advisor, I don't sell security products, equipment, or implementation. This allows me to give you advice that is always neutral and aligned with your best interests.
I am a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and I hold the AWS Certified Security - Specialty certification since 2019.
I work with owners and senior executives of technology startups. My clients operate out of Canada and the US, and have between 15 and 500 employees.
They have an engineering department that deploys web services to cloud infrastructure. They have a remote workforce and they leverage dozens of web apps.
Some of them run financial operations and must comply with AML/CFT regulations. Most of them want to be SOC 2 compliant and align their program with ISO 27001.
My previous clients include companies such as:
- A financial services app with a $60M exit;
- A market defining ad exchange with a successful exit;
- A leading Canadian crypto exchange;
- A top-10 market cap stablecoin project;
- A global (23 countries) education network;
- One of Canada's biggest retailer brands;
- A handful of established Canadian cybersecurity and IT companies;